DIY Chloe SS/10 Patchwork Denim Shirt

Was looking through an old magazine last night and stumbled across this image from the Chloe SS/10 catwalk show... I am probably way late on this, but given the denim shirts are here to stay for a while, I thought it would be such an easy DIY!

Who What Wear put up a great tutorial here on this which involved gluing dark denim pockets onto a light denim shirt. All well and good, but I had a sneaky look inside the pockets of one of my thrifted light denim shirts, and found that inside the pockets was dark denim! Well I never! Obviously often the bleaching process for the light denim fabric happens after the shirt is sewn, leaving the pockets dark. For an easy DIY, take the pockets off a light denim shirt, (thrifted and old ones are most likely to have dark denim underneath the pockets) and away you go!
Image: Tfs / Asos

No comments:

Post a Comment