HOW TO USE YOUR WEEKLY DIARY PLANNER

As they always say - preparation is key. I know lots of people shy away from planners or weekly diaries and many have taken their whole lives online (my boyfriend recently told me it’s time to get in 'the cloud’) but sometimes there's something satisfying about writing things down. And can I be honest and say I don't really trust 'the cloud' that much? Like, erm, what is it? So this year – why not go lo-fi (how hipster!) and get yourself a diary/planner in which to write your goals, appointments, to do lists, random thoughts and anything else that strikes you. I'm in no way an expert on this but I'm a crazy list maker - to the point of being ridiculous sometimes - and I'm pretty sure its been useful in keeping me on track in the past. I like the type of diaries that have a whole week across two pages (this is what I currently use) - you could always go for a day-to-a-page diary if you like but they are obviously more bulky. And don't worry, even though it's mid way through January - better late than never right?

Get started using it:
1. First things first – mark out your public holidays or other sorts of holidays (uni, school etc).
2. Mark in your friends and family birthdays – you can find these in the events section of Facebook if your friends are on it. Get on the phone and ask for dates if needbe.
3. Mark in your diary any weekly or monthly appointments you have (ie weekly deadline for my Harper’s BAZAAR post, tennis lessons etc). I usually only do this one or two months in advance as you never know what can change. 
4. Add in any new years resolutions – putting in specific goals in relation to savings, health, fitness etc.
5. Use your weekly diary as a place to write your appointments, to do lists and others. If you get a chance you can sit down on a Sunday/Monday and plan the week out in advance - exercise, catch ups with friends, emails and any major tasks you need to complete.
6. If you're a blogger you can use your diary to keep track of what you want to post and any other things you need to do.

Here are some little diary ideas!

I hope some of these ideas help you plan out 2012. May it be a very good year for all of you! 

Do you have any other tips or insights as to how you use your diary? 

No comments:

Post a Comment