DIY PAPERBAG CLUTCH

Ok so I've never been much of a bag-matches-shoes kinda girl - usually out of sheer laziness - but come day 3 of Australian Fashion Week I'd thrown together (last minute - naturally) a s/s12 Phillip Lim inspired pastel ensemble, but had no bag to complement the palette. My mind wandered briefly to nipping in to American Apparel and buying a white envelope clutch on the way to the venue, but that felt like sheer madness and not in the DIY spirit at all. I then spied a white paper bag that the guys at Michael Lo Sordo had given me when I was in their studio and realised there was a Jil Sander inspired DIY to be had! 

paperbagclutch 2 (2)

See how I did it after the jump






You Need:
- A white paper bag
- Scissors

How to:
1. Cut the top of the bag off.
2. Fill with your bits and pieces and then roll the top of the bag down like a lunch bag to create the clutch.


paperbagclutch
paperbagclutch 3

And, like, that's it. This is clearly a case of learning to make do with what you have in your house when it comes to putting together fun outfits - the crop top was also a last minute project!

paperbagclutch 1 (2)
IMG_0581
DSCF2034

Wearing: 
paper bag clutch - DIY
mint blazer - Zara 
lavender trousers - my own design
white calico crop top - DIY (made like the top of this dress)
white heels - vintage
sunglasses - karen walker
nail polish - essie 'cocktail bling'

Photos by Jysla Kay, bottom full length pic via Facehunter

I also love this pic  Jess took of my paper clutch hanging with her alexander wang - clearly opposites attract in the case of bags - I felt bad dragging them apart!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment